Letting a smartphone with location add-on service to young children just to keep track of them may not be the brightest idea , but letting them a smartwatch makes more sense. Meet the FiLIP smartwatch.
The FiLIP smartwatch is designed to take on a location for young children and powerful two-way GSM cellular voice capability that provides the same quality of coverage between parent and child just like any other best smartphone. There’s relatively many wearable devices for children in the market that could serve the same purpose, but FILIP smartwatch is far more advanced in other ways – it has embedded GPS, cell tower location, and Wi-Fi triangulation that provide the most precise location information.
The device also supports geofencing technology and with this parents can set a geographical limit and be alerted whenever the child goes beyond the safe zone. FILIP can also notify when their child has arrived in a preconfigured safe zone.
The FILIP smartwatch is linked up with a parent’s smartphone via the FILIP app. The set up for the app is done in three easy steps:
- Once you’ve purchased FiLIP watch, you can download the app from the Apple Store and Google Play.
- Create a FiLIP account.
- Make a connection with the smartwatch and you’re good to go.
The parent can also configure up to 5 numbers that can be used to call and receive calls from the smartwatch and in case of emergency, the child can press the emergency button and if it’s kept on hold for 3 seconds, a sequence of actions initiates:
- The pre-configured 5 numbers will receive texts from the smartwatch with location data.
- The device will start recording ambient sound for tracking purpose.
- Calls are made to the pre-configured numbers in succession, if the first number refuses to answer, FiLIP calls the next, and so on.
- If all the 5 pre-configured numbers refuse to answer, FiLIP will directly call emergency services.
The FiLIP smartwatch comes in four different colors. The price of this smartwatch is not yet known and also, the service and data plan. However, preorders have already been started.